Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by JD Daniels <jd...@kismetsoftware.com> on 2005/04/13 20:37:39 UTC

Re: Problem getting an object out of a drop down list

I am curently doing it like this, although I am having some binding
issues...

in my form definition, I make a string value like beanId, and I have a
business method in my java service to look it up, so the flow looks like:

function some_form()
{
     var bean = new Packages.com.whatever.Bean();

     // Create The Form
     var form = new Form("forms/beanModel.xml");

     var model = form.getWidget();

     // Bind The Form To The Bean And Display It
     form.createBinding("forms/beanBinding.xml");
     form.showForm("internal/show-form/bean");

     bean.category=service.getCategoryById(model.categoryId.value);

     // Save The Form Data To The Bean
     form.save(bean);
     service.createBean(bean);

     // Send The User Their Result
     cocoon.redirectTo("wherever");
}

this works, although you can see I have to assign the objects manually;
the binding does not work for me.

JD

Posted by uzo <an...@jibeya.com>.
>I guess i should add that my lists look like:
>
><jx:forEach var="orderz" items="${userGlobal.getUserOrders()}">
>    <option value="${orderz/id}">${orderz.getOrderDate()}</option>
></jx:forEach>

JD,
thanks for that heads up.

And just as I thought I had a nice easy solution! ;-)

regards

Uzo

Re: Problem getting an object out of a drop down list

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@kismetsoftware.com>.