Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by martin_p <ma...@adiva.de> on 2007/12/07 17:07:57 UTC

Ofbiz Article Engine - Mass Article Upload

Hi all,

just looking for a solution to upload an amount of n articles into ofbiz.
I was thinking of accessing the database directly (postgres). Currently we
get
p.e. a daily csv of 40000 different articles and i choose some categories as
a subset
(currently ca. 1000 articles). I get a different article lists (new/ delete/
change) to
populate the shop at first with an initial load, and the following process
is to upload
the new articles, to delete the obsolete articles and to update the database
with changes
(maybe in descriptions, prices etc.)
My idea is now to populate ofbiz directly into the database and not to use
the XML Entity's.

Anyone here who has expierience with that case.... ??

Stil have produced some queries and helptables p.e. to delete some products
(until they not have been sold thats not a big problem deleting all records
in the databases ....)

Thanks for your replys....

Martin

Re: Ofbiz Article Engine - Mass Article Upload

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can do a custom import of a cvs and/or excel file thru ofbiz.
if you import into your own table you will have to write code to access
it since ofbiz will not recognize the table.
I import thousands of products a day and it takes about 15 min using a
custom import for excel(cvs) files.
as long as the format is the same you can simply add the enddate column
and populate it for the deletes.
you can add a catagory column would put them in the catalog properly.
the import would have create and update.
if an order gets attached to an article it get more complicated to
remove it.

martin_p sent the following on 12/7/2007 8:07 AM: