Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2011/03/14 21:53:38 UTC

Roadmap for 2.3

Hi,

Any ideas for 2.3 ?

My two cents, deprecate DOJO and CodeBehind

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3591
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3592

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Another thing to keep in mind here... The way the conventions plugin
works is that it hooks in UnknownHandlers. If conventions is to become
the new default, I think a classpath-scanning ConfigurationProvider
should be created (IMHO).

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Ben McCann <bm...@google.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by John Lindal <li...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

I've actually extended the DTD with additional configuration for security
features.  The XML is easier to review for errors and ommissions because it
is centralized.

John

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Steven Benitez <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
And it's easier to create documentation automatically. (Not way
easier, but still.)

I guess I'd be opposed to making Convention be "enabled" by default,
but we could certainly make an effort to highlight in a more effective
way.

Dave

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.

Re: Roadmap for 2.3

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
Johannes,
I don't know, I'd prefer to keep the core the more slight as possible
(but my opinion could be biased cause I am an old fashion XML coder :)
)

On 15 March 2011 11:03, Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Only a thought, what are you thinking about moving the convention plugin into
> core?
>
> Many People don't know the convention plugin and offen i hear that Struts2
> is
> an old fashion XML configuration MVC Framework.
>
> Johannes

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: Roadmap for 2.3