Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Gibson <jg...@spscommerce.com> on 2005/02/09 18:35:32 UTC

spamassassin finding LDAP servers??

Hi.  I'm running spamassassin 3.0.0 on a Redhat ES 3 box.  Postfix 2.1.5
is calling spamassassin.  The server itself does user account lookups
though an LDAP server.  My question is this:  When I do a netstat and
tcpdump I can see the spamassassin processes trying to connect to Active
Directory LDAP servers that aren't specified anywhere on the local
machine.  It seems like spamassassin is somehow auto discovering the AD
servers and trying to talk to them.  What's causing this and how do I
make it stop?  It's doesn't seem to be causing any problem besides
filling up the logs with errors.  Doing a netstat -p I can verify that
only the spamassassin processes are trying to talk to the AD servers.
The other processes are using the correct LDAP servers as they should.
I'm invoking spamassassin with the -x option.

Thanks,
JG

Re: spamassassin finding LDAP servers??

Posted by Jeremy Rumpf <jr...@heavyload.net>.
On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:41, Michael Parker wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:35:32AM -0600, Jeff Gibson wrote:
> > Hi.  I'm running spamassassin 3.0.0 on a Redhat ES 3 box.  Postfix 2.1.5
> > is calling spamassassin.  The server itself does user account lookups
> > though an LDAP server.  My question is this:  When I do a netstat and
> > tcpdump I can see the spamassassin processes trying to connect to Active
> > Directory LDAP servers that aren't specified anywhere on the local
> > machine.  It seems like spamassassin is somehow auto discovering the AD
> > servers and trying to talk to them.  What's causing this and how do I
> > make it stop?  It's doesn't seem to be causing any problem besides
> > filling up the logs with errors.  Doing a netstat -p I can verify that
> > only the spamassassin processes are trying to talk to the AD servers.
> > The other processes are using the correct LDAP servers as they should.
> > I'm invoking spamassassin with the -x option.
>
> That seems very odd, as far as I know SA wouldn't do something like
> that.  Perhaps it's the underlying LDAP implementation?  How about
> some details on your setup?  What versions of libraries, perl modules
> are you running?  How are you startin spamd?  What does your local.cf
> look like?  All that sorta goodness that helps debug problems.
>
> Michael

Might be nsLDAP setup in /etc/ldap.conf? Check /etc/nsswitch.conf as well.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Re: spamassassin finding LDAP servers??

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.