Posted to user@struts.apache.org by GABOREAU Véronique <VG...@FASSET.FR> on 2001/04/27 10:42:45 UTC

jsp:include and taglib.html

Hello,
I need to include a Jsp file into another one because of length of file
problems, but I get the following errror :.
Cannot find bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN in scope null

To include the jsp I'm using the following sentence (between the
<jsp:include page="demmoy_suivi.jsp" flush="true">
</jsp:include>
The Jsp I want to include look like this :
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
What am I doing wrong ? Or can't we use <jsp:include> inside a <form> tag ?
Thanks for any ideas.

Re: jsp:include and taglib.html

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Hi,

  I think you can do <jsp:include ..> inside <jsp:form>...</jsp:form>.
  I do something similar, but using Templates/Components <insert> rather than
<jsp:include>, and it works.
 It looks like your form bean is not store in any scope. Check the scope of
your bean in the form action declaration (in struts-config.xml). It must NOT be
'page', because page scope isn't available across pages.

  To reduce size of your pages, you can use Components/Templates framework : it
allows to divide a jsp page into sub jsp pages called components. If well
design, you can even reuse your components on different pages. This reduces
number of components, and enhance customization or maintaining : you modify
only corresponding component, and modification is available to all pages using
this component.

  Cedric

  Components main site : http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/components/
    (mirror)  : http://www.geocities.com/cedricdumoulin/components/