Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2013/03/15 05:08:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Community Policies to prevent conflicts

Hey all,

We are seeing some conflicts between committers (especially me and
Thomas?) and a growing number of somewhat arrogant, self-centred
actions. However, I believe that all began with misunderstandings,
misreadings, and insufficient discussions, (we didn't mean it). Let's
don't argue anymore since everyone has different sides.

Here's my suggestions:

1. The RoadMap should be discussed on dev@ and all decisions should be
described on Wiki[1].
2. Observance of HowToCommit[2] is required of every committers.

We might want to edit some plans/policies of RoadMap and HowToCommit.
Please feel free to edit them.

And, 3. Discussion in very polite terms.

My only worry is whether we can be able to follow HowToCommit process
everytime. As you know we're only have 3 active committers (= PMCs).

Any other ideas?

1. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/RoadMap
2. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/HowToCommit

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: [DISCUSS] Community Policies to prevent conflicts

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
If there's no more opinions/objections/suggestions, let's follow the
policies. I've updated Guide for Hama Committers[1] page.

>> - Voting for an appropriate time window that a committer can assume silence
>> as a +1 on his patch.

Should we vote for this?

1. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/HowToCommit

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
I'd recommend creating different thread for each item.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Suraj Menon <su...@apache.org>.