Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/27 11:32:03 UTC

Re: Use of Multiple Thread groups in a test plan

On 27/09/2008, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>              I was wondering what would be the test scenario when someone
>  would want t keep more than one Thread group in a test plan ..can you give
>  me two or three such cases that pertain to Test plans containing
>  HTTPSamplers only ....

A thread group is a group of threads which all perform the same part
of the test plan, so some possibilities are.

Different scenarios running simultaneously where you want to combine
the results. Perhaps a thread group running just the server Monitor.

1st thread group with one thread sets up the test, second thread group
(run consecutively) runs the test, perhaps 3rd thread group shuts down
something at the end.