Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 02:49:10 UTC

Provided scope dependency is lost for track ?

Hi,
    While working on the GERONIMO-5680, I am trying to use DependencyManager
to track all the parent bundle of the target bundle, then using package
admin service to find all the export packages provided by those parents. It
works for me while deploying the application. But while I am trying to make
it also work in the car-maven-plugin, I got some problems with provided
scope depedency. Those dependency bundles are not recorded in the
geronimo-plugin.xml and environment, as they are supposed to be ready by the
container, but those dependency bundles are really required on the runtime.
    I wonder that is there a way to get a 'full' dependency list except
changing the car-maven-plugin ?
    Thanks.
--
Ivan

Re: Provided scope dependency is lost for track ?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, I think that I find the problem, it is not caused by the provided scope
dependency. The issue is caused by some Geronimo packages are exported by
framework bundle. And those packages are not included correctly while
calculating the import packages. The easiest way is to add all the export
packages by framework except for those with java prefix.

--
Ivan