Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Brendan Reville <br...@tenzing.com> on 2002/05/23 20:47:11 UTC

Standalone SAX parser?

hi all,

(I think I'll just ask this every 6 months to see if anything has changed :)

Has anybody managed to build a standalone SAX parser?

I'm trying to avoid including a half-megabyte DLL with every download of our
software.

thanks

- Brendan

RE: Standalone SAX parser?

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
The ability to do that was lost a while back unfortunately, I think. I
used to always do my development in the separate DLL mode, which insured
that it stayed possible. But it looks like no one does that anymore, and
the strict layering has been lost, so there are circular references
among the layers that prevent a nice clean breakup now.

Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
droddey@charmedquark.com
www.charmedquark.com