Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "LaCasse, John" <JL...@filenet.com> on 2005/10/26 22:47:32 UTC

deploying portlets in pluto version 1.1

I've been able to get Pluto up and running in Tomcat and the two test
portlets are displaying fine but if I follow the readme or the online
documentation on how to deploy portlets it's failing.

The docs say to do the following:

3) Portlet Deployment

3a) Assembly:

---------------------------------------

    All portlet applications must be run through

    the pluto assembler before being deployed.

    To do so:

    Step 1: 'cd pluto-install'

    Step 2: 'maven pluto:assemble -Dmaven.deploy.deployment=<path to
war>

3b) Deployment:

    Step 1: 'cd pluto-install'

    Step 2: 'maven pluto:deploy -Dmaven.deploy.deployment=<path to war>

I believe that it's now been changed to Pluto-util instead of intall but
even with that change nothing is working. It's giving me the following
when I run it:

C:\Projects\pluto-1.1\pluto-util>mvn pluto:assemble
-Dmaven.deploy.deployment=c:\por180\por180.war

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'pluto'.

[INFO]
----

[INFO] Building Pluto

[INFO]    task-segment: [pluto:assemble]

[INFO]
----

[INFO]
----

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]
----

[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'pluto:assemble'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-pluto-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>

  <deployment>VALUE</deployment>

</configuration>

-OR-

on the command line, specify: '-Dpluto.deploy.deployment=VALUE'

[1] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-pluto-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>

  <installationDirectory>VALUE</installationDirectory>

</configuration>

-OR-

on the command line, specify: '-DinstallDir=VALUE'

[INFO]
----

[INFO]
----

[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 26 13:40:20 PDT 2005

[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/7M

[INFO]
----

Thanks for any help,

Jpl

Re: deploying portlets in pluto version 1.1

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
the recent change made to allow command line parameters for the install
plugin has affected the assemble and deploy plugins. Please specify
-DinstallDir=path/to/appserver on your command line when executing the
plugins. I will document these changes.

David