Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/10 11:00:40 UTC

Login and items in Shopping cart.

Hi,

I see a strange behaviour in the shopping cart items, the items added to a
shopping cart prior to login are not saved or added to the cart once the
customers logs in and if he has added items in his shopping cart previously.
The behaviour can be replicated as follows:

1) create a user account in the ecommerce.
2) add items to shopping cart and then log off without completing the
checkout.
3) again add some different items to your cart as a anonymous user and then
login with the user ID created in step 1.

Ideally the items added in both the sessions should be now present in the
shopping cart, but strangely only the items added in first session in step
2, is present in the cart. The items added in the last step, before the
customer logs in, are lost.

I think the new items should be added to the cart and the cart should have
all the items added by the customer in all sessions where the checkout was
not completed and the customer had not purposefully removed the items from
the cart. I am not sure if there is a settings problem, i have the auto-save
cart enable in the store and i am using the latest SVN.

Hope somebody looks into this.

Rohit
Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Login and items in Shopping cart.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
I don't think this requires discussion at this point. The next step
is to create a patch and attach it to a jira issue.

-David

Posted by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com>.
hi,

i am not sure what u r referring to, but if you are referring 'Enable Auto
Suggestion List', it is set to yes. Even then i suppose the cart should not
delete items added by customer before log-in.

rohit

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.