Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 17:17:41 UTC

[Axis2] JAXWS version in Axis2 1.4

Glen, Sandakith, Jeff, Nick, Rich,

- I believe the jaxws-tck svn and the associated mailing list is ready.
- cxf folks i am told are running JAXWS 2.1 TCK
- Sun posted JDK 1.6 update 4 with JAXWS 2.1 inside.

So, what should we do for Axis2 1.4?  I just saw Nick's jira float by
[1] and wanted to kick start the discussion. Please see Steve's
analysis [2] and the JAXWS change log [3]

thanks,
dims

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3448
[2] http://1060.org/blogxter/publish/5
[3] http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr224/JAXWS_2.1_ChangeLog.pdf

Re: [Axis2] JAXWS version in Axis2 1.4

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
+1
David

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

+1 from me.

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 from me

             Brian De Pradine
             <PRADINE@uk.ibm.c
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             01/24/2008 10:24                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hello devs,

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks for pointing out that JIRA Jeff.

I created a page to jot down a few more thoughts on what must/should be
done to get the deployment right.  What's there is just a start.  I'll keep
adding to it as I think about this a little more.

Any one else should please feel free to add any relevant information there.

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Axis2/JAX-WS_Integration

-Nick

             Jeff
             Barrett/Austin/IB
             M@IBMUS                                                    To
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             01/17/2008 09:34                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject

Posted by Jeff Barrett <ba...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Dims, Nick

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Dims,

Thanks for starting the discussion.  I wasn't aware of jcp-open.  It's good
to know there's an open forum for that information.

Wrt. Axis2 1.4, my vote is that we certify based on JAX-WS 2.1 rather than
2.0.  Brian has done a large amount of work in the jaxws21 branch.  We can
merge that over and then get moving on running the TCK and seeing where we
are.

-Nick

             "Davanum
             Srinivas"
             <davanum@gmail.co                                          To
             m>                        "axis-dev@ws.apache.org"
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             01/15/2008 10:19                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sent this mail to jcp-open@ and cc'ed geir

Hi All,

Apache Axis2 1.3 (moving towards 1.4) is contain an implementation of JSR
224 (JAXWS 2.1).
In order to test the implementation for full compatibility with JSR-224 the
respective JAXWS 2.1 TCK would be needed.
Apache Axis2 team would like to kindly request the Apache responsible
person(s) to request that TCK from Sun!
As the person who like to work on this in perspective of Axis2, I have
submitted my NDA on TCK on fax.

--
Best Regards

send another copy to jaxws-tck@incubator as well

Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

On Jan 26, 2008 9:32 AM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please drop a note to jcp-open@ and cc geir. I believe the cxf folks have
> the 2.1 TCK already. worth dropping another
> email to jaxws-tck@incubator as well. the jcp page is probably outdated.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
> | Hi Dims/Nick,
> |
> | So what will be our strategy on obtaining the TCK 2.1 version. from the
> jcp
> | page on apache (http://www.apache.org/jcp/) it says we only have the 2.0
> ,
> | Shall I post a request mail to the jcp-open list?
> |
> | Thanks
> | Lahiru
> |
> | On Jan 25, 2008 7:31 PM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> |
> | Lahiru,
> |
> | these are open questions. Remember the sun RI implementation also has a
> | sun-jaxws.xml which is a sun specific deployment
> | descriptor. CXF also has its own. From what i recall the CXF TCK folks
> use
> | a stylesheet to convert the sun deployment
> | descriptor into a CXF specific one.
> |
> | thanks,
> | dims
> |
> | Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
> | | Hi Dims,
> | | Ok, So where can I find these features that will be included. I am not
> | that
> | | familiar with the spec, but currently looking in to it.
> | | I am +1 on adding extra key/value pairs in services.xml , but aren't
> | that
> | | violates the TCK compliance.  I mean having additional  configurations
> | | the  Axis2 for deployment.
> | |
> | | Thanks
> | | Lahiru
> | |
> | | On Jan 25, 2008 5:13 PM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> | |
> | | Lahiru,
> | |
> | | Yep, both work!. We need to figure out a couple of more things. See if
> | | there are jaxws "features" that can/need to be
> | | turned on/off and maybe add some key/value pairs in services.xml to
> | | control them. Some annotations may be overridden by
> | | deployment descriptors. We need to come up with a list of those and be
> | | able to specify them in services.xml too. Stay tuned.
> [...]

Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

Re: [Axis2] JAXWS version in Axis2 1.4

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
| Hi Dims/Nick,
|
| So what will be our strategy on obtaining the TCK 2.1 version. from the jcp
| page on apache (http://www.apache.org/jcp/) it says we only have the 2.0,
| Shall I post a request mail to the jcp-open list?
|
| Thanks
| Lahiru
|
| On Jan 25, 2008 7:31 PM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
|
| Lahiru,
|
| these are open questions. Remember the sun RI implementation also has a
| sun-jaxws.xml which is a sun specific deployment
| descriptor. CXF also has its own. From what i recall the CXF TCK folks use
| a stylesheet to convert the sun deployment
| descriptor into a CXF specific one.
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
| | Hi Dims,
| | Ok, So where can I find these features that will be included. I am not
| that
| | familiar with the spec, but currently looking in to it.
| | I am +1 on adding extra key/value pairs in services.xml , but aren't
| that
| | violates the TCK compliance.  I mean having additional  configurations
| | the  Axis2 for deployment.
| |
| | Thanks
| | Lahiru
| |
| | On Jan 25, 2008 5:13 PM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
| |
| | Lahiru,
| |
| | Yep, both work!. We need to figure out a couple of more things. See if
| | there are jaxws "features" that can/need to be
| | turned on/off and maybe add some key/value pairs in services.xml to
| | control them. Some annotations may be overridden by
| | deployment descriptors. We need to come up with a list of those and be
| | able to specify them in services.xml too. Stay tuned.
| |
| | thanks,
| | dims
| |
| | Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
| | | Hi Devs,
| | |
| | | +1 for the total JAXWS support on Axis2 1.4. And also +1 for going
| with
| | | JAXWS 2.1, lets merge it to the trunk.
| | | I have done some testing with the sample available in the and as I saw
| | it
| | | now the AAR based model works with JAXWS MR.
| | | Also JSR 181 annotated pojos are working with the POJO Deployer with
| | current
| | | Axis2 trunk.
| | |
| | | Thanks
| | | Lahiru Sandakith
| | |
| | | On Jan 16, 2008 10:20 AM, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
| | |

| | ready.

| by

| |

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dims/Nick,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
| Hi Dims,
| Ok, So where can I find these features that will be included. I am not that
| familiar with the spec, but currently looking in to it.
| I am +1 on adding extra key/value pairs in services.xml , but aren't that
| violates the TCK compliance.  I mean having additional  configurations to
| the  Axis2 for deployment.
|
| Thanks
| Lahiru
|
| On Jan 25, 2008 5:13 PM, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
|
| Lahiru,
|
| Yep, both work!. We need to figure out a couple of more things. See if
| there are jaxws "features" that can/need to be
| turned on/off and maybe add some key/value pairs in services.xml to
| control them. Some annotations may be overridden by
| deployment descriptors. We need to come up with a list of those and be
| able to specify them in services.xml too. Stay tuned.
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
| | Hi Devs,
| |
| | +1 for the total JAXWS support on Axis2 1.4. And also +1 for going with
| | JAXWS 2.1, lets merge it to the trunk.
| | I have done some testing with the sample available in the and as I saw
| it
| | now the AAR based model works with JAXWS MR.
| | Also JSR 181 annotated pojos are working with the POJO Deployer with
| current
| | Axis2 trunk.
| |
| | Thanks
| | Lahiru Sandakith
| |

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dims,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Nick,

If we don't anything more then we are all set for now :) Yes, module enablement would be a big plus.

thanks,
dims

Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:
| Dims,
|
| Right now, I can't think of anything that we would need to turn on/off that
| can't be done in annotations.  So, from a TCK perspective we should be good
| to go there.
|
| Or...  is your comment for things beyond the spec?  i.e., module
| enablement?
|
| -Nick
|

|              Davanum Srinivas
|              <davanum@gmail.co
|              m>                                                         To
|                                        axis-dev@ws.apache.org
|              01/25/2008 05:43                                           cc
|              AM
|                                                                    Subject
|                                        Re: [Axis2] JAXWS version in Axis2
|              Please respond to         1.4
|              axis-dev@ws.apach
|                    e.org
|

| Lahiru,
|
| Yep, both work!. We need to figure out a couple of more things. See if
| there are jaxws "features" that can/need to be
| turned on/off and maybe add some key/value pairs in services.xml to control
| them. Some annotations may be overridden by
| deployment descriptors. We need to come up with a list of those and be able
| to specify them in services.xml too. Stay tuned.
|
| thanks,
| dims
|
| Lahiru Sandakith wrote:
| | Hi Devs,
| |
| | +1 for the total JAXWS support on Axis2 1.4. And also +1 for going with
| | JAXWS 2.1, lets merge it to the trunk.
| | I have done some testing with the sample available in the and as I saw it
| | now the AAR based model works with JAXWS MR.
| | Also JSR 181 annotated pojos are working with the POJO Deployer with
| current
| | Axis2 trunk.
| |
| | Thanks