Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Octavio Molano Anta <oc...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/09 14:00:05 UTC

Outdated AIR version in Apache SDK Installer

Hello all.

I've noticed that the Apache Flex installer only has the option to install
up to AIR 24 Beta.

The Final version of AIR 24 was released back in December. The installer
should have been updated by now.

Also it would be nice to have the installer also updated for the current
AIR 25 Beta (25.0.0.108).

Finally, if the installer is not going to be updated frequently, it would
probably be a good idea to let the user manually specify an updated
download URL in the installer interface to make the process easier.

Best regards,
Octavio

Re: Outdated AIR version in Apache SDK Installer

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/2/17, 1:20 AM, "Artemide Aste" <in...@artemideaste.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I totally agree that the website should be updated with some recent news.
>It will keep the spirit up of Flex developers not subscribed to this user
>group. How to help?

Just about everything at Apache is open source, even our web site.

The source is in a Subversion repo at [1].  Some instructions for updating
are at [2]

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/site/trunk/
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Website+Information

Patches are most welcome.  Other ideas are welcome too.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: Outdated AIR version in Apache SDK Installer

Posted by Artemide Aste <in...@artemideaste.com>.
Hello,

I totally agree that the website should be updated with some recent news.
It will keep the spirit up of Flex developers not subscribed to this user
group. How to help?

Lorenzo

> I understand you're effort is voluntary and you need to find the time.
> Hope you find some time. Thanks in advance.
>
> Would be good to see some movement/change on the Apache Flex website, I
> wasn't aware it was still alive until I found this user group.
>
> Kind regards,
> Filip
>

> Op wo 1 mrt. 2017 om 01:47 schreef jmclean [via Apache Flex Users] <
> ml-node+s2333346n14742h56@n4.nabble.com>:
>
> > HI,
> >
> > > When does Apache Flex 4.16 and the fixed installer be released?
> >
> > When I can find the time to create the latest RC (and review / test which
> > takes several hours) and then put it up for vote. Sorry I’ve been busy
> with
> > other work recently and haven’t been able to find enough hours in the day
> > to do everything.
> >
> > So hopefully that means sometime this week and if all is good then would
> > be released early next week.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Justin

> > here
> > <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/
> template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=14665&code=
> ZmlsaXAuaG9ldmVuQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwxNDY2NXwtNjU5ODI2MjYw>
> > .
> > NAML
> > <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/
> template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_
> html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
> BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
> nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
> notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Artemide Aste s.r.l.
Via Consiglio dei Sessanta, 99 - 47891 Dogana - Repubblica di San Marino
T: 0549 908845 - int.l +378 0549 908845
F: 0549 972142 - int.l +378 0549 972142
Email: info@artemideaste.com
https://www.artemideaste.com <http://www.artemideaste.com>
https://www.deamoneta.com/artemideaste/
<http://www.deamoneta.com/artemideaste/>

Artemide Aste App for iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artemide-aste/id1081984520?mt=8
DeaMoneta App for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.artemideaste.mobile

Re: Outdated AIR version in Apache SDK Installer

Posted by Filip Hoeven <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Filip Hoeven <fi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
The upcoming Apache Flex 4.16 will support the DMG packages in it's install
script.

- Josh

Posted by Octavio Molano Anta <oc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by LesGWoolsey <le...@gmail.com>.
OK. That worked!  It now thinks the SDK is there.  Now to see if it fixes the
problem...

Thanks

Re: Outdated AIR version in Apache SDK Installer

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
This happens to me if I use the mac finder to copy the air sdk in to the
flex sdk. It works if I use the command line utility cp.

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.