Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> on 2012/10/10 00:56:06 UTC

Release 1.4.2

I think we should consider releasing 1.4.2 to make fixes for
ACCUMULO-779, ACCUMULO-766, and ACCUMULO-409 available.  Thoughts?

Are there other fixes people would like to see in 1.4.2?  I think
ACCUMULO-798 would be good to get in.

I have been looking through the open tickets marked as fix for 1.4.2
trying to organize them.  I could use some help, some tickets I am not
sure what the status is.   Its frustrating that we can no longer see
svn commits in jira.  If you have a moment take a look at the open
1.4.2 tickets.   If you know that a ticket is complete or should be
moved to 1.5, update it please.

Keith

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
I want to make a few minor tweaks to the init.d scripts, which I plan on
doing tomorrow. After that, I definitely want to see a release as well.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:

> I think we should consider releasing 1.4.2 to make fixes for
> ACCUMULO-779, ACCUMULO-766, and ACCUMULO-409 available.  Thoughts?
>
> Are there other fixes people would like to see in 1.4.2?  I think
> ACCUMULO-798 would be good to get in.
>
> I have been looking through the open tickets marked as fix for 1.4.2
> trying to organize them.  I could use some help, some tickets I am not
> sure what the status is.   Its frustrating that we can no longer see
> svn commits in jira.  If you have a moment take a look at the open
> 1.4.2 tickets.   If you know that a ticket is complete or should be
> moved to 1.5, update it please.

I'd like to make sure ACCUMULO-507 works as that changed how we pass ranges
to MapReduce jobs.  Does anyone have a job that was failing due to too many
ranges that they could test with the new version?

You can take a look at the changes if you search for "ACCUMULO-507
to:commits" in gmail.  I agree it is unfortunate that we can't view commits
in JIRA anymore.

Billie

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.
+1

I'll take a pass at the tickets tonight to see what I can see.

Adam

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
OK, but you are still on the hook for helping me get the maven release
automated!

-Eric

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Christopher Tubbs <ct...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I can run continuous ingest and random walk test on a cluster for this release.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM, John Vines <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
> I went ahead and created the 1.4.3 tag in JIRA, so as we decide what fixes
> to roll in/what to delay we can mark as such.
>
> Additionally, there are a few tickets with patches available. I vaguely
> recall a tool for reviewing patches, what's it called and/or how do I get
> to it?

Apache has a review board instance https://reviews.apache.org/.  Is
that what you were thinking of?

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Forgive me if there was previous discussions I don't recall...

My first thought would be to treat it the same as the wikisearch code.
We could then bundle the appropriate version of accumulo-pig,
wikisearch, etc for the given release of Accumulo we're making. For
example, Accumulo-Pig-1.0 is compatible with Accumulo-1.4.2 and so forth.

It would be cool to create a community of addons/plugins/abstractions if
we can come up with some procedures for facilitating such projects. It
would also be much less onerous for users if we do some legwork to tie a
version of an extra to a version of Accumulo.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 1.4.2

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.