Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/19 22:11:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Query on Maxmemfree

Hi All,
How do I restrain Apache process to grow to a certain limit?And also when
the process dies how do I make sure it releases the resource it had
acquired.What is the impact of the parameter MaxMemFree ?Any help or
suggestion would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
-A

Re: [users@httpd] Query on Maxmemfree

Posted by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com>.
 > And also when
> the process dies how do I make sure it releases the resource it had
> acquired.

>>This will happen automatically for most resources. Is there some
>>particular problem you are having?

Thanks for the update.My observation even after using MaxRequestPerChild
param setting to non zero.What I see the process gets killed but there is no
increase in free memory.

Another observation is RSS size of Apache process is around 15MB but free -m
gives much more resource occupied considering only Apache is running in the
particular box.

Regards
-A

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.