Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Terry Paddy <te...@rostersetc.com> on 2000/05/29 11:12:46 UTC

WAP - header Connection closed

Hi gang,

I don't know if this is a cocoon question or not, but here goes!

I'm delivering wml via cocoon (very smooth!) and it works fine with the
"phone emulators", but when I use the Nokia 7110 it doesn't work. Apparently
there is a bug to do with receiving HTTP header information "closed" instead
of "Keep-Alive". I note in the /samples/index.xml, XSP example that, in the
table of headers, the connection header is "Keep-Alive".

I put a ...

<cheader>
	Header is <xsp:expr>request.getHeader("connection")</xsp:expr>
</cheader>

in my wml and the result is "Header is closed".

I note in my Apache 1.3.12 conf that Keep-Alive is on with a number of
connections (15 I think). And I also put the following command in my virtual
host definition

Header set Connection Keep-Alive

but it makes no difference, the result is always "Header is closed". Is
there something in cocoon that is setting this header?? It's a real pain
when you can't demo on the real phone and must use an emulator; the client
thinks that you are doing some software "black magic" on your local machine
to make it work.

Anyway thanks for any feedback

Regards ... Terry

Terry Paddy
RostersEtc Ltd, Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND
Ph: +64 3 3557245    Fax: +64 3 3557 224
      mailto:terry@rostersetc.com
       http://www.rostersetc.com
          Mobile 021 359 868

RE: WAP - header Connection closed

Posted by Terry Paddy <te...@rostersetc.com>.
Thanks Sebastien, I'm using the WAPlite gateway on my local machine. The
funny thing is the 7110 emulator worked fine when cocoon was serving from
the LAN, but when I moved the app to the Internet site it stopped working.

Now the HTTP header thing is just a guess because its mentioned on a site
that lists all the 7110's *anomalies*. All other phone emulators work fine
through my local gateway to the deployed site. Can't figure it out? Anyway,
you're saying it's not cocoon, I'd better look elsewhere.

Thanks very much .... Terry
Christchurch, New Zealand

> I'm delivering wml via cocoon (very smooth!) and it works fine with the
> "phone emulators", but when I use the Nokia 7110 it doesn't work.
Apparently
> there is a bug to do with receiving HTTP header information "closed"
instead
> of "Keep-Alive". I note in the /samples/index.xml, XSP example that, in
the
> table of headers, the connection header is "Keep-Alive".

It's working for me with Cocoon / ApacheJServ / Apache and Nokia7110 or
any other WAP phone I did try.

Your phone will never talk with your HTTP server, there is a gateway
between them, and it looks like your gateway does not work.

May be Apache mod_setenvif could solve your problem...

--
Sebastien Koechlin

Re: WAP - header Connection closed

Posted by Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION <sk...@n-soft.com>.