Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/02 13:59:29 UTC

Re: [VOTE] 3.1.0 RC0

I have completed my validation of the release candidate

The prior issue was a user error in my node configuration

I used the steps here to validate the RC
https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party

   - Validation of Hashes looks good
   - Validation of GPG Keys looks good
   - Validation of Source Code was skipped since the build for the 3.1
   branch already passed
   - Validation of Site Documentation looks good for 3.1.0 and the other
   versions
   - Running Multi-Node Brokers in Legacy Mode (With Zookeeper) looks good
   with no issues
   - Running Brokers in KRaft Mode (without Zookeeper) looks good with no
   observable issues

+1 (non-binding)

Israel Ekpo
Lead Instructor, IzzyAcademy.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/izzyacademy
https://izzyacademy.com/

Re: [VOTE] 3.1.0 RC0

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Hello Community,

Let's run the validations for this RC and submit our votes as soon as you
can

If you are interested in running the validations for the RC without having
to build the images I have pushed the following docker images already to
docker hub

   - izzyacademy/kafka-artifact-base:3.1.0-rc0
   - izzyacademy/kafka-docs:3.1.0-rc0
   - izzyacademy/kafka-binary-base:3.1.0-rc0
   - izzyacademy/zookeeper:3.1.0-rc0
   - izzyacademy/kafka-broker:3.1.0-rc0
   - izzyacademy/kafka-connect:3.1.0-rc0

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party

If you have docker locally, you can simply just boot up the environment for
each validation with docker-compose up

# Single Node Cluster in KRaft Mode

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party/blob/main/cluster-validation/compose/kraft/docker-compose.yml

# Multi-Node Cluster in KRaft Mode

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party/blob/main/cluster-validation/compose/kraft/multi-node-docker-compose.yml

# Multi-Node Cluster in Zookeeper Mode

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party/blob/main/cluster-validation/compose/legacy/docker-compose.yml

# Site Documentation to review the website for documentation

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party/blob/main/docs-validation/compose/docker-compose.yml

# Hash, GPG Keys, Building from Source

https://github.com/izzyacademy/apache-kafka-release-party/blob/main/artifact-validation/compose/docker-compose.yml