Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2007/06/05 08:45:15 UTC

docs question

I have a question about doc commits.  I understand that changes need to
be made in xdocs directory and ant will rebuild the files in docs.  Does
ant need to be run locally and both xdocs and docs committed or is it
enough to commit changes to xdocs, do an svn update on people.apache.org
and ant will be run there?

I ask in expectation that I'll need to update the release info for the
forthcoming apreq release
(http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=118054808003929&w=2)

Thanks,
  Issac

Re: docs question

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:45:15AM +0300, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> I have a question about doc commits.  I understand that changes need to
> be made in xdocs directory and ant will rebuild the files in docs.  Does
> ant need to be run locally and both xdocs and docs committed or is it
> enough to commit changes to xdocs, do an svn update on people.apache.org
> and ant will be run there?

xdocs needs to be run locally and both the xml and resulting html has to
be committed  - at least that's how it is done with the httpd docs.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk