Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2012/07/03 23:04:17 UTC

Re: [collections] Cleanup of trunk

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Neidhart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently started to work more on collections and cleaning up the trunk
> to make it a candidate for a release and would like to ask a few
> questions:
>
>  - there is still lots of javadoc missing, moving the source code level
>    to Java 1.6 would allow the use of @Override in more places (instead
>    of putting a /** {inheritDoc} */ everywhere)
>
>    this has been discussed for vfs a few weeks ago, and my
>    understanding was that this proposal was well received, so what do
>    you think about doing the same for collections?
>
>  - unit tests: there are currently two unit tests for certain classes
>    that are almost similar, e.g. TestListOrderedMap and
>    TestListOrderedMap2. Does anybody know why this exists?
>
>    also I would like to go to annotation based unit tests like in the
>    other components and rename the tests to the common style:
>    ClassNameTest.
>
>  - consistency with commons rules. There are several things that are
>    different to other components atm:
>
>    o authors contained in source files
>    o no changes.xml to track changes
>    o since and version tags are a bit different
>    o package.html should be package-info.java
>
>    and I guess other things too that I have not spotted yet.
>

> Are there any objections / suggestions to continue with the cleanup?

A short overview clearly indicates that cc4 won't be a drop-in replacement
for cc3. Therefore we have to change the groupId/artifactId now to
org.apache.commons:commons-collections4 and the package should be renamed to
org.apache.commons.collections4 (according the rules we used for lang3).

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [collections] Cleanup of trunk

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Early adopters who can provide valuable feedback might run into the
troubles we try to address by the package and group/artifact I'd changes.
Other than that, I would agree that there doesn't seem to be any reason to
change it now.

Sent from tablet device.  Please excuse typos and brevity.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.