Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2012/05/22 22:43:09 UTC

ApacheCon 2012 Was: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.7 RC1

Hi Philippe,

On 21.05.2012 21:48, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hello,
> Rainer, in which German Town will ApacheCon occur ?

Sinsheim, close to Heidelberg / Mannheim.

As Milamber wrote some info is at: http://www.apachecon.com/

Map:

http://maps.google.de/maps?q=Rhein-Neckar+Arena,+Sinsheim&hl=de&sll=50.72764,7.0752&sspn=0.036891,0.090895&oq=sinsheim+arena&t=h&hq=Rhein-Neckar+Arena,+Sinsheim&z=15

> Milamber, I live in North of France near Lille (Chti :-) ) (Wilkommen bei
> den Chti's for Rainer :-) ),

Less than 4 hours to where I live (close to Cologne)

> rarely going to Paris but could be an occasion
> but not for signing Key as I don't know the process, Rainer what is it
> exactly ?

It is simple. You prepare your key in advance and keep it in a well
secured place. You bring your key fingerprint with you. The key itself
should not be moved to an insecure environment.

Then during the conference there's a key signing party where

- everoyne gets a list of the key fingerprints of the keys to sign and
the names of the owners

- all key owners are asked, whether their key fingerprint is ok

- the other people check your identity and later will sign your key.

The event itself will be announced during the conference as "key
signing" and then you can send an email containing your key fingerprint
to the organizer of the key signing, who compiles a list of them and
print hard copies for the event.

For reference:

http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html