Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com> on 2012/11/21 16:20:24 UTC

Solr 4 Admin UI Dashboard Not Populating

Our Admin UI Dashboard is not populating on one of our servers, not sure if
it is a permission issue or what.  We have three others that it is working
on.

<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4021602/AdminUI.png>

Re: Solr 4 Admin UI Dashboard Not Populating

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Glad it worked Richard, i've created an issue anyway: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4102

Posted by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com>.

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Richard

>From what i see from the Screen, the Javascript stopped executing because of an error .. my first guess would be, that if you request "http://solr-host:port/solr/production/admin/system?wt=json" manually - you'll not see a "host" property in the "core"-object, right?

Normally that looks like:

{
core: {
schema: "example",
host: "hostname.tld",
now: "2012-11-21T16:47:59.172Z",
}
}

To verify that .. you can easily do the following change in solr/webapp/web/index.js (according to the file which is used in your running instance, grep for that) .. it's Line 236:

- 'host' : app.dashboard_values['core']['host'],
+ 'host' : app.dashboard_values['core']['host'] || '-',

Stefan

Posted by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com>.
I was able to figure it out, I ran solr/admin/system?wt=xml and noticed that
the host entry was blank.  Our servers are Linux so I looked at /etc/hosts
file and noticed it was messed up.  I made the change and everything is
populating now.