Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Händel <mi...@gmx.de> on 2003/03/04 18:04:28 UTC

GVTNode of an text-element

Hello,

this thread follows an older thread about the getComputedTextLength
problem... as a workaround has been described to user the BridgeContext an
to create an GVTTextNode...

Does anybody know an example, has some code or knows how to create the
UserAgent needed for creating a new UserAgent?!? This would help a lot...

Tank you in advance,
Michael.

RE: GVTNode of an text-element

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

MH> Hello, this thread follows an older thread about the
MH> getComputedTextLength problem... as a workaround has been
MH> described to user the BridgeContext an to create an GVTTextNode...

    CVS Batik now supports getComputedTextLength (as well as most of
other methods from SVGTextContentElement).  You would be better served
using the DOM methods directly.

MH> Does anybody know an example, has some code or knows how to create
MH> the UserAgent needed for creating a new UserAgent?!? This would
MH> help a lot...

    I believe there is a UserAgentAdapter in the bridge package, but I
would use the DOM (easier for you and it has more functionality).