Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alper Tekinalp <al...@evam.com> on 2016/07/28 06:55:56 UTC

Client Connecting Issues

Hi all.

We have two set of applications: server and client applications. Servers
running all the time and with client applications we connect to server, do
things and disconnect, etc. We have some issues with that connections:

1 - We use TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder to connect cluster. But establishing
connection take some time. We have default 20 sec that clients try to
connect. After that we start client aplications in offline mode. Is it
normal? Is there a way to decrease that time?

2 - Most of the time through the life of client apps, client disconnects
from cluster, goes offline mode and never reconnects without a restart.
After restart it disconnects after some time again. Most of the time we are
connecting with client apps through VPN and we dont have the chance to
improve or edit network configuration or quality.

Our SPI config for client is:

private IgniteConfiguration getIgniteConfiguration() {
    TcpDiscoverySpi spi = new TcpDiscoverySpi();
    TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder ipFinder = new TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder();

    ipFinder.setAddresses("IP of oldest node in cluster");

    spi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);

    IgniteConfiguration igniteConfiguration = new IgniteConfiguration();
    igniteConfiguration.setClientMode(true)
        .setPeerClassLoadingEnabled(false)
        .setIncludeEventTypes(EventType.EVTS_DISCOVERY)
        .setDiscoverySpi(spi)
        .setAddressResolver(new AmazonAddressResolver());

    return igniteConfiguration;
}

Do you have any suggestions? What can we do about especially for second
case?

Regards.

--

*Alper Tekinalp*

*Software Developer*

*Evam ​Stream Analytics*

*Atatürk Mah.Turgut Özal Bulvarı Gardenya 1 Plaza 42/B K:4 Ataşehir /
İSTANBUL*

*Tlf : +90216 688 45 46 <%2B90216%20688%2045%2046> Fax : +90216 688 45 47
<%2B90216%20688%2045%2047> Gsm:+90 536 222 76 01
<%2B90%20553%20489%2044%2099>*
*www.evam.com <http://www.evam.com/>*
<http://www.evam.com>

Re: Client Connecting Issues

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alper,

Ignite has a failure detection timeout setting [1] which defines the period
of time after the node is considered failed, if there is no communication
with that node. I would try to increase it if your network is slow.

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/cluster-config#failure-detection-timeout

-Val