Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Weseloh, Markus" <Ma...@gedas.de> on 2005/04/04 14:35:34 UTC

Generate Protocols with Log4J

Hallo,

I'm writing a client-server application where the client sends a request to
the server and the server starts a complex process. This process has to
generate a protocol that can be stored in a database or send to an email
address. I would like to generate this protocol with log4j but I don't
exactly know how to do it. The protocol is client request specific so there
is not one or more logfiles for the whole server, but one logfile for each
client request. Of course multiple clients can access the server at the same
time. Is there a "best practice" to implement this behaviour?

Markus Weseloh

Re: Generate Protocols with Log4J

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
You may find that creating a logger per user would work for you.
Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(username + "." + getClass().getName());

On Apr 4, 2005 7:35 AM, Weseloh, Markus <Ma...@gedas.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'm writing a client-server application where the client sends a request to
> the server and the server starts a complex process. This process has to
> generate a protocol that can be stored in a database or send to an email
> address. I would like to generate this protocol with log4j but I don't
> exactly know how to do it. The protocol is client request specific so there
> is not one or more logfiles for the whole server, but one logfile for each
> client request. Of course multiple clients can access the server at the same
> time. Is there a "best practice" to implement this behaviour?
>
> Markus Weseloh

James Stauffer