Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by um...@comcast.net on 2008/03/02 06:44:09 UTC

Problem with SimpleAuthenticationPlugin

I am using ActiveMQ5.0.0 and am using TCP transport with JRE1.6.

I am using a rudimentary form of authentication using SimpleAuthenticationPlugin
as follows:

   <broker xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0" brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">
       <plugins>
         <simpleAuthenticationPlugin>
            <users>
                <authenticationUser username="system" password="manager"
                        groups="users,admins"/>
           </users>
        </simpleAuthenticationPlugin>
      </plugins>
     //...

When I start the broker, it aborts with the exception that the username/password is invalid.
I have not event started my client to connect to the broker. What does this error mean?
Is this reporting bad authentication credentials from a client or is it saying that the
configured username/password is unacceptable?

INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at: tcp://thishost:61616
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Started
WARN  TransportConnection            - Failed to add Connection
java.lang.SecurityException: User name or password is invalid.
        at org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(SimpleAuthenticationBroker.java:52)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:91)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:657)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)

Regards

/Ur

Re: Problem with SimpleAuthenticationPlugin

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
The default activemq.xml configuration file comes with three optional and
enabled elements: <commandAgent>, <camelContext>, and <jetty>.  If you
enable authentication & authorization services, these enabled elements will
cause the broker to throw security-related exceptions. This is because these
elements represent functionality that is essentially represented by clients
that need to connect to the broker and the connections are made without
security credentials.  If you do not require the functionality behind these
elements, disable or comment-out the elements.

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com