Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by icewind <ic...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/29 06:25:12 UTC

log level? thought i set it correctly...

Hi,

I am running cocoon 2.1-dev in tomcat 4. My log
directory,
$TOMCAT_HOME/logs is gets really big, so I figured I'd
set the log levels from DEBUG to ERROR.

So, I modified $MY_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf and
changed all the "DEBUG" to "ERROR".

I modified $MY_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/web.xml and changed the
log level in there to ERROR.

I looked in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml and saw that
there was only one spot to change the log level, in
the JSP execution servlet. It was set as WARNING so I
left that as is.

I then stopped tomcat, cleared teh work directories
and restarted. When I tail the logs, I still see tons
of DEBUG messages, and my logs grow just as fast as
before. What did I miss?

Thanks

Re: log level? thought i set it correctly...

Posted by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu>.
Tomcat logging is controled by $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/logger.html