Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Khurram H Khan <kk...@arpatech.com> on 2008/04/25 14:46:23 UTC

Tomcat -- manager

I need to know if Tomcat is deployed on a production environment, how
can I use its manager to stop and start a web application. I have
created a role named manager and its username and password. When I go to
URL http://IP_ADDRESS/manager/stop?path=/My_WebAp, it asks me for a
username and password. And I provide the username and password for the
role manager but it keeps asking me for username and password. I have
done the same thing with another tomcat which is accessed through vpn on
port 8080 and that one works fine, I supply a username and passowrd and
it accepts the username and password and stops/starts my web application.

I would appreciate it if someone could guide what I need to do
differently in the case of production environment where tomcat is
accessed through port 80.

Regards
Khurram

Re: Tomcat -- manager

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Khurram H Khan wrote:
> I would appreciate it if someone could guide what I need to do
> differently in the case of production environment where tomcat is
> accessed through port 80.

Nothing. Something in your production configuration is wrong/different.
Maybe you are using a different realm (since the memory realm is for
testing, not production use).

Mark