Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mathias Herbaux <ma...@xbrain.io> on 2018/06/08 21:33:18 UTC

DotNet version issue Invalid flag value: 0

Hello,

I'm trying to run a sample with Apache Ignite 2.5.
I'm using Visual Studio 2017, and NuGet to add ignite to my console project.
I unchecked the "Prefer 32-bit" in the project properties.
When running the project, I get the following error:
An unhandled exception of type 'Apache.Ignite.Core.Binary.BinaryObjectException' occurred in Apache.Ignite.Core.dll
Additional information: Invalid flag value: 0

.Net stack :
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Impl.Unmanaged.Jni.Env.ExceptionCheck()
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Impl.Unmanaged.UnmanagedUtils.IgnitionStart(Env env, String cfgPath, String gridName, Boolean clientMode, Boolean userLogger, Int64 igniteId, Boolean redirectConsole)
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Ignition.Start(IgniteConfiguration cfg)

Message:
class org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryObjectException: Invalid flag value: 0
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.binary.BinaryUtils.unmarshal(BinaryUtils.java:1995)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.binary.BinaryReaderExImpl.readObjectDetached(BinaryReaderExImpl.java:1334)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.utils.PlatformConfigurationUtils.readIgniteConfiguration(PlatformConfigurationUtils.java:623)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.dotnet.PlatformDotNetConfigurationClosure.processPrepareResult(PlatformDotNetConfigurationClosure.java:199)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.dotnet.PlatformDotNetConfigurationClosure.prepare(PlatformDotNetConfigurationClosure.java:186)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.dotnet.PlatformDotNetConfigurationClosure.apply0(PlatformDotNetConfigurationClosure.java:113)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformAbstractConfigurationClosure.apply(PlatformAbstractConfigurationClosure.java:50)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformAbstractConfigurationClosure.apply(PlatformAbstractConfigurationClosure.java:27)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformAbstractBootstrap.start(PlatformAbstractBootstrap.java:40)
               at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformIgnition.start(PlatformIgnition.java:75)

Before 2.5, I successfully used the 2.4 version. To be sure it's not an upgrade issue, I started from scratch with a new solution.
I also tried using the sample solution from the git repository, but I got exactly the same issue

Any advice about this?

Mathias Herbaux
mathias.herbaux@xbrain.io <ma...@xbrain.io>

RE: DotNet version issue Invalid flag value: 0

Posted by Mathias Herbaux <ma...@xbrain.io>.
Hello

That’s really strange, I’ve been able to run it using Visual Studio 2015.
But using Visual Studio 2017 (I’ve restarted the editor), I still get the issue.

Kind regards

[cid:B4C12B98-8B1E-4E3E-9273-44D89CEED820]
Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mathias Herbaux <ma...@xbrain.io>.
Hello,

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Can you please post your entire solution? On GitHub or any other way.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:28 AM, Mathias Herbaux <mathias.herbaux@xbrain.io

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Hi Mathias,

Posted by Roman Guseinov <ro...@gromtech.ru>.
Hi Mathias,

I use Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 (version 15.6.4) and your
project starts without any exceptions.

I think you can try to remove work directory
(C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\ignite\work by default) before start
app.

If the issue is still reproducible please attach ignite log (full console
output).

Best Regards,
Roman

Re: DotNet version issue Invalid flag value: 0

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I have to concur that I have just tried to run existing project with dotnet
core on 2.5.0, and it runs flawlessly. So it has to be something in your
setup.