Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com> on 2010/06/04 11:48:31 UTC

Re: [build] z/OS and Ant 1.8.0

Ok, this has finally reached the top of my todo list! Running
fetch-depends on ant 1.7.5 on z/OS I get:

     Missing dependency.  The jar from:
       ${xalan.url}
     should be downloaded to:
       ${xalan.orig.jar}

but running on ant 1.8.0 I can run fetch-depends and the full build
successfully, so it looks like this issue has been resolved. I've
reverted the copy/delete workaround at revision r951343.

For those building on z/OS, the minimum required level of Ant is now 1.8.0.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [build] z/OS and Ant 1.8.0

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4C...@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:

> Ok, this has finally reached the top of my todo list!

I find it hard to believe you had nothing better to do but thanks! ;-)

> Running fetch-depends on ant 1.7.5 on z/OS I get:
>
>      Missing dependency.  The jar from:
>        ${xalan.url}
>      should be downloaded to:
>        ${xalan.orig.jar}
>
> but running on ant 1.8.0 I can run fetch-depends and the full build
> successfully, so it looks like this issue has been resolved. I've
> reverted the copy/delete workaround at revision r951343.
>
> For those building on z/OS, the minimum required level of Ant is now 1.8.0.

That doesn't seem unreasonable.  Let's just hope no one tries to build
our web site on z/OS since that only builds for me with ant 1.7.x.

-Mark