Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> on 2007/10/01 07:23:58 UTC

[Axis2] [ANN] Apache Axis2/C 1.1.0 Released

Apache Axis2/C Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Axis2/C
version 1.1.0
You can download this release from:
    http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/download.cgi

Key Features

   1. Support for one-way messaging (In-Only) and request response
messaging (In-Out)
   2. Client APIs: Easy to use service client API and more advanced
operation client API
   3. Transports supported: HTTP
          * Inbuilt HTTP server called simple axis server
          * Apache2 httpd module called mod_axis2 for server side
          * IIS module for server side
          * Client transport with ability to enable SSL support
          * Basic HTTP Authentication
          * libcurl based client transport
   4. Module architecture, mechanism to extend the SOAP processing model
   5. WS-Addressing support, both the submission (2004/08) and final
(2005/08) versions, implemented as a module
   6. MTOM/XOP support
   7. AXIOM, an XML object model optimized for SOAP 1.1/1.2 messages;
This has complete XML infoset support
   8. XML parser abstraction
          * Libxml2 wrapper
          * Guththila pull parser support
   9. Both directory based and archive based deployment models for
deploying services and modules
  10. Description hierarchy providing access to static data of Axis2/C
runtime
      (configuration, service groups, services, operations and messages)
  11. Context hierarchy providing access to dynamic Axis2/C runtime
information
      (corresponding contexts to map to each level of description hierarchy)
  12. Message receiver abstraction
          * Inbuilt raw XML message receiver
  13. Code generation tool for stub and skeleton generation for a given
WSDL
      (based on Java tool)
          * Axis Data Binding (ADB) support
  14. Transport proxy support
  15. REST support (more POX like) using both HTTP POST and GET
  16. Comprehensive documentation
          * Axis2/C Manual
  17. WS-Policy implementation called Neethi/C, with WS-SecurityPolicy
extension
  18. TCP Transport, for both client and server side

Major Changes Since Last Release

   1. WS-Policy implementation
   2. TCP Transport
   3. Improvements to Guththila parser to improve performance
   4. Improvements to Java tool, WSDL2C, that generates C code
   5. Basic HTTP Authentication
   6. Memory leak fixes
   7. Many bug fixes

We welcome your early feedback on this implementation.
Thank you for your interest in Axis2/C

-- Apache Axis2/C Team --

Re: [Axis2] [ANN] Apache Axis2/C 1.1.0 Released

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Mark Nüßler wrote:
> hello samisa,
>
> release date is 06 - 05 - 2007 ??
oops:(
That is a typo. Thanks for the quick response. Would fix that.

Samisa...

> mfg derMark
>
> Samisa Abeysinghe schrieb:
>> Apache Axis2/C Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
>> Axis2/C version 1.1.0
>> You can download this release from:
>>    http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/download.cgi
>>
>> Key Features
>>
>>   1. Support for one-way messaging (In-Only) and request response
>> messaging (In-Out)
>>   2. Client APIs: Easy to use service client API and more advanced
>> operation client API
>>   3. Transports supported: HTTP
>>          * Inbuilt HTTP server called simple axis server
>>          * Apache2 httpd module called mod_axis2 for server side
>>          * IIS module for server side
>>          * Client transport with ability to enable SSL support
>>          * Basic HTTP Authentication
>>          * libcurl based client transport
>>   4. Module architecture, mechanism to extend the SOAP processing model
>>   5. WS-Addressing support, both the submission (2004/08) and final
>> (2005/08) versions, implemented as a module
>>   6. MTOM/XOP support
>>   7. AXIOM, an XML object model optimized for SOAP 1.1/1.2 messages;
>> This has complete XML infoset support
>>   8. XML parser abstraction
>>          * Libxml2 wrapper
>>          * Guththila pull parser support
>>   9. Both directory based and archive based deployment models for
>> deploying services and modules
>>  10. Description hierarchy providing access to static data of Axis2/C
>> runtime
>>      (configuration, service groups, services, operations and messages)
>>  11. Context hierarchy providing access to dynamic Axis2/C runtime
>> information
>>      (corresponding contexts to map to each level of description
>> hierarchy)
>>  12. Message receiver abstraction
>>          * Inbuilt raw XML message receiver
>>  13. Code generation tool for stub and skeleton generation for a
>> given WSDL
>>      (based on Java tool)
>>          * Axis Data Binding (ADB) support
>>  14. Transport proxy support
>>  15. REST support (more POX like) using both HTTP POST and GET
>>  16. Comprehensive documentation
>>          * Axis2/C Manual
>>  17. WS-Policy implementation called Neethi/C, with WS-SecurityPolicy
>> extension
>>  18. TCP Transport, for both client and server side
>>
>> Major Changes Since Last Release
>>
>>   1. WS-Policy implementation
>>   2. TCP Transport
>>   3. Improvements to Guththila parser to improve performance
>>   4. Improvements to Java tool, WSDL2C, that generates C code
>>   5. Basic HTTP Authentication
>>   6. Memory leak fixes
>>   7. Many bug fixes
>>
>> We welcome your early feedback on this implementation.
>> Thank you for your interest in Axis2/C
>>
>> -- Apache Axis2/C Team --

Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/PHP
"http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php?WSO2&nbsp;Web&nbsp;Services&nbsp;Framework%2FPHP&nbsp;-&nbsp;Open&nbsp;source&nbsp;PHP&nbsp;extention&nbsp;for&nbsp;providing&nbsp;and&nbsp;consuming&nbsp;Web&nbsp;services&nbsp;in&nbsp;PHP"

Re: [Axis2] [ANN] Apache Axis2/C 1.1.0 Released

Posted by Mark Nüßler <ma...@9elements.com>.
hello samisa,

release date is 06 - 05 - 2007 ??

mfg derMark

Posted by Royston Day <rd...@mpc-data.co.uk>.
> Apache Axis2/C Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Axis2/C
> version 1.1.0
> You can download this release from:
>     http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/download.cgi

Thanks very much!

I do have one question...

> Major Changes Since Last Release

>    4. Improvements to Java tool, WSDL2C, that generates C code

Is this (improved) tool available somewhere in the axis2c release?

Thanks,

Royston

- - -

Royston Day, Software Engineer
MPC Data Limited
e-mail: rday@mpc-data.co.uk             web: www.mpc-data.co.uk
tel:  +44 (0) 1225 710600               fax: +44 (0) 1225 710601
ddi: +44 (0) 1225 710634

MPC Data Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 05507446

Registered Address: County Gate, County Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire,
BA14 7FJ VAT no: 850625238

The information in this email and in the attached documents is
confidential and may be legally privileged. Any unauthorized review,
copying, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original message. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice
contained in this email is subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in the governing contract.