Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com> on 2008/06/02 18:36:48 UTC

Reminder: London Wicket event at Google UK on Wednesday

Hi folks,

Quick reminder that we're hosting another London Wicket event *this
Wednesday* at Google's London office.

It's looking like it might well be the best one to date, with a bunch of
really interesting stuff and some cracking talks.

Lots of cool stuff is lined up:
 - *Richard Wilkinson <http://www.richard-wilkinson.co.uk/>* on Wicket
Google Maps controls and mash-ups.
 - *Wille Faler <http://faler.wordpress.com/>* talking how to get the
"OpenSessionInView" enterprise pattern working in your Wicket app.
 - *Cemal Bayramoglu <http://jweekend.co.uk>* demonstrating how to tame your
drop downs and make them behave just so.
 - *Al Maw <http://herebebeasties.com>* walking you through an entire
crazy-cool AJAX-heavy app, using some of the components previously created
for past London Wicket talks.

As usual there will be:
 - Lots of pizza.
 - A visit to the pub afterwards.
 - People to help you out with any thorny Wicket issues you may be having
(bring your code!).

In short, it's shaping up to be rather ace.

You should come.

*You'll need to sign up, which you can do here: *
http://jweekend.co.uk/dev/LWUGReg/

A reminder: talks and code from previous events available here:
http://londonwicket.org

Hope to see you there!

Best regards,

Al & Cemal

Re: [FINALISED SCHEDULE] London Wicket Event at Google UK, tonight

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
We've had mixed success with our video technology - we will try again
tonight.

I suggested the topic to Ian, who kindly put some thoughts down for a brief
presentation. Having seen the slides, it seems the key points are now
covered, but I find this is an area where there is a lack of clear
definitions/advice (in one place anyway) and is a constant source of
questions from our students.

If someone has any resources, or wants to make a list of the main points to
consider (login page/hotspot, bookmarkability, scalability, page-params,
stateless hints etc...) apart from the useful links to the wiki-page, please
feel free to reply to this post of to start a new thread - I'm sure the
information collected will help many.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWekend.co.uk http://jWekend.co.uk

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Is there a webcast?  I'm interested in the Stateless vs. Stateful

Me too.

Eelco

Re: [FINALISED SCHEDULE] London Wicket Event at Google UK, tonight

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.

Re: Reminder: London Wicket event at Google UK on Wednesday

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.