Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Way, Janet <JW...@dynasty.com> on 2000/05/16 17:43:57 UTC

Porting Xalan to HPUX 11 - static cast

Continuing on my journey, I face this error:

Error 744: "./Include/DOMHelper.hpp", line 113 # The operand of a
static_cast mu
st be a pointer to or lvalue of a complete class; the actual type was const
DOM_
NullPtr *.
            return theObject == static_cast<const DOM_NullPtr*>(0);

^
(note: error is the 0)

The only way I found to get around it was the following:

            return theObject == NULL;

Any insights into the correct way for me to proceed. There are
many such statements in DOMHelper.hpp.

Thanks in advance.

Janet