Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/10/09 04:22:33 UTC

multiple developer setup

Hi,

I'm setting up maven for a number of developers.  I'd like a central repository
so developers autmatically get the latest versions of our internal plugins when
they are updated at the repo.  However, our projects are assembed using
multiproject:install which copies the assembled jars to the repo.  This will
cause problems if developers are sharing the same repo.  I guess what I'm saying
is that I'd like to share plugins but not the repository.  Is this possible?

thanks
Nathan

Re: multiple developer setup

Posted by khote <kh...@mminternet.com>.
I'm using subdirectories in the repository, based on users name:

  <extend>${basedir}/../project.xml</extend>
  <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
  <id>clientapp</id>
  <name>Client Master Project</name>
  <groupId>chronicle/${user.name}</groupId>
  <currentVersion>1.0</currentVersion>

It keeps the same jars/wars/ears/ejbs/tlds etc for me under the ${user.name}
subdirectory.

> I'm setting up maven for a number of developers.  I'd like a central
repository
> so developers autmatically get the latest versions of our internal plugins
when
> they are updated at the repo.  However, our projects are assembed using
> multiproject:install which copies the assembled jars to the repo.  This
will
> cause problems if developers are sharing the same repo.  I guess what I'm
saying
> is that I'd like to share plugins but not the repository.  Is this
possible?

> thanks
> Nathan

Re: multiple developer setup

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Set maven.plugin.dir. That should do it. See
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Behavioural%20Properties
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting