Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1998/08/06 16:52:26 UTC

Hanging sub-processes (scripts)

Every once-in-a-blue-moon we have a script that zombies out and the
httpd subprocess that spawned it never collects it. So the script
process just hangs around in the zombie state. Sending 'kill -9'
to the subprocess is ignored... I'll be digging into the spawn_child
routines in alloc.c to see if anything obvious pops out, but for some
reason the subprocess isn't finishing up the wait.

Re: Hanging sub-processes (scripts)

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
What does strace/whatever on the httpd child show?  Is this freebsd as
well?

Dean