Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by "Chaubey, Pankaj (CCL)" <PC...@carnival.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/02 18:42:51 UTC

Licensing Inquiry

Hello,

We have a requirement to programmatically generate PDFs, which will be used to distribute information to our customers. We don't plan to use this application commercially or license this application/product. The intent is solely to use it internally for generating PDFs with different contents, as applicable. Apache PDFBox is a robust product in this space.

Questions for you
1) What are the restrictions of using the free version of PDFBox?  Do I need to follow a certain directive such as printing a particular text ("powered by Apache") on the generated PDFs?
2) Can I use the free version on any number of servers/instances or are there any restrictions?

Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

Thanks,
Pankaj K Chaubey, TOGAF
Manager - Integration Architecture and Engineering (EA)
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
p: 305.599.2600 Ext. 65645 | f: 305.406.4760 | e: pchaubey@carnival.com<ma...@carnival.com>

Re: Licensing Inquiry

Posted by Fantri Fitriani <fa...@gmail.com>.
Pada tanggal Jum, 3 Jan 2020 03.43, Chaubey, Pankaj (CCL)

RE: Licensing Inquiry

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Pankaj!

     https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0