Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Cheng <sc...@macrovision.com> on 2004/05/21 22:47:07 UTC

Axis distribution source for Solaris?

I see that there are two distributions for download - Windows/Linux.
What is precluding Axis-C from being deployed on Solaris (or on any
other Unix platform), if necessary?  Is it just a resource issue of
figuring out how to build the project on Solaris environment and
validating it?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Axis distribution source for Solaris?

Posted by Kenneth Chiu <ch...@cs.indiana.edu>.
On Fri, 21 May 2004, Steve Cheng wrote:
> I see that there are two distributions for download - Windows/Linux.
> What is precluding Axis-C from being deployed on Solaris (or on any
> other Unix platform), if necessary?  Is it just a resource issue of
> figuring out how to build the project on Solaris environment and
> validating it?

If you are thinking about using the Sun Workshop compiler,
there appears to be a non-standard definition of the
AXISCALL macro, but it could probably be resolved.

There may be a few more C++ language issues.

There there are probably some build issues.