Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/14 08:31:48 UTC

I've fixed an issue. What's next?

CB-7734 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7734) was reported and I
asked if it could be assigned to me.
Shazron assigned to me and I fixed it with this pull request
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-dialogs/pull/39

It's been 3 weeks and it hasn't been merged, so I don't know if I have to
do something else, it's the first issue assigned to me.

Re: I've fixed an issue. What's next?

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Nope, just wait patiently. Someone will get to it soon.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
I updated the pull request yesterday to add the iOS 8 macro code (and other
change proposed by Shazron), so it can work on Xcode 5

Re: I've fixed an issue. What's next?

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
> plugman info org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser

Returns a list of published plugin versions, a set of supported platforms,
and a set of engine requirements for the current version

> plugman info org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser@0.5.3

Returns info for a particular older version.

With these tools, we could change cordova-cli to first call info, and
iterate backwards through the published versions until a compatible plugin
is found.  I don't think we should auto-install older versions, but we
could say "warning, the latest versions of plugin-FOO is not compatible
with platform-BAR, you can install plugin-FOO@x.y.z instead".

Josh is right, that we can get into hairy situations since we do not have
platform-specific plugin installs (there were proposals for this before).
I don't actually think it will come up often, so lets solve that issue when
we get there.  For now, would be nice to let shaz add the new engine
requirement to the plugin without breaking plugin install for everyone who
doesn't update cordova-ios first.

-Michal

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I know that it is unfortunate that's why I think the macro solution instead
of the engine solution is best for core plugins (I discovered from the spec
I could use 'apple-xcode' and 'apple-ios' to further differentiate, but
never mind).

We can take care of this as committers for the core plugins by using the
macros, but a lot of plugin authors and contributors are careless in that:

1. They either don't use an engine tag
2. Or they don't adequately protect newer iOS SDK calls from crashing on
older iOS runtime. Sure, it compiles in iOS 8 SDK, but if a user runs it on
an iOS 6 or 7 device, it will crash when it reaches that iOS 8 API
function. I don't think there are any open source linters out there that
will help us with this (there is a commercial one:
http://www.deploymateapp.com)

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.