Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Doug Ly <dl...@prosrm.com> on 2005/02/22 18:29:21 UTC

Calling action within javascript

Hi,

I have a javascript to confirm the passwords are matched which will be
executed on onclick event of a commandButton tag.

<h:commandButton id="passwordSubmit" value="#{user.password}"
onclick="checkPassword(this.form)" action="#{user.verify}"/>

The problem is after onclick event, how can I call the event action in
my javascript?

Thanks

--Doug

Re: Calling action within javascript

Posted by steve rock <st...@gmail.com>.
I think  onclick=" return checkPassword(this.form)" then return true
from your javascript function to submit, else false to cancle submit.