Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2007/07/06 17:08:42 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Hi all,

Jesse and I have been working on a patch plugin that I migrated over
from mojo.codehaus.org into the ASF sandbox, and we feel it's ready
for a release. I've prepared the documentation for a code grant on
this project, and all the appropriate information should be committed
in the plugin directory.

The plugin is stable, has decent documentation, and even an
integration-test suite. Therefore, I'd like to call a vote to
graduate the patch plugin from the Maven sandbox, and do a 1.0 release.

Please +1/+0/-1. I'll let this go for 72 hours.

The release is staged at:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/repo (repository)
http://people.apahce.org/~jdcasey/stage/sites/maven-patch-plugin (site)

Here's my +1.

Thanks to Jesse for helping me get the plugin to this point.

-john

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john

RE: [VOTE] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
+1

Typo in the site url, correct url is:
http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/sites/maven-patch-plugin

Also, I noticed the faq seems malformed with 2 lists of questions
instead of 1 list with 2 questions. Otherwise looks interesting.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
+1

- Joakim

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Re: [RESULT] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 17 Jul 07, at 9:30 AM 17 Jul 07, John Casey wrote:

> Actually, that's even more perplexing...I use the same username
> almost everywhere! ...certainly both here and on people.a.o...

I'll add some logging for you. I have to take this plugin to some
decent level, to many people are using it to be a stopgap.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Did you build the stage-plugin yourself from the latest in SVN?

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Actually, that's even more perplexing...I use the same username
almost everywhere! ...certainly both here and on people.a.o...

-john

On Jul 17, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> John,
>
> The stage plugin currently doesn't pick up the credentials from
> settings.xml. Apparently its a wagon thing. This causes grief if
> your local username is not the same as your apache username. I have
> hacked the plugin locally to take a stage.username parameter that
> helps me get aroung this temporarily.
>
> Unfortunately it really *is* a hack so I don't want to commit it to
> SVN, but I can put the code somewhere else so that you can get it,
> if you think you need it.
>
> John Casey wrote:
>> Hmm, no luck with the stage plugin, and not a single line of
>> output...it just hangs.
>> Does anyone here have any idea why this might be the case, before
>> I'm stuck diving into the source code to figure out why our
>> published documentation on the release process doesn't work as
>> explained?
>> BTW, I've ssh'ed into people.a.o manually, and have enabled the
>> privateKey/passphrase set in the apache.releases server definition.
>> Thanks,
>> --john
>> On Jul 16, 2007, at 5:59 PM, John Casey wrote:
>>> Ok, I think everything is fixed and ready to roll here. I've got
>>> the following +1's:
>>>
>>> Binding: John, Jason, Brett, Jesse, Emmanuel, Brian, Vincent S.,
>>> and Joakim
>>> Non-Binding: Andy
>>>
>>> I'll get the release moving now.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -john

>>> ---
>>> John Casey
>>> Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
>>> mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
>>> blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
>>>

>> ---
>> John Casey
>> Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
>> mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
>> blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
>

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

---

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
John,

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Yeah, that misspelling is a frequent typo of mine. :(

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

would like to note, that the first version would be useful on
pre-shaded maven versions using p-u 1.1 and we have it ready to
release again using later versions of p-u and the maven 2.0.6+
versions that will have more bullet proof bash shell support.

On 7/6/07, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Jesse and I have been working on a patch plugin that I migrated over
> from mojo.codehaus.org into the ASF sandbox, and we feel it's ready
> for a release. I've prepared the documentation for a code grant on
> this project, and all the appropriate information should be committed
> in the plugin directory.
>
> The plugin is stable, has decent documentation, and even an
> integration-test suite. Therefore, I'd like to call a vote to
> graduate the patch plugin from the Maven sandbox, and do a 1.0 release.
>
> Please +1/+0/-1. I'll let this go for 72 hours.
>
> The release is staged at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/repo (repository)
> http://people.apahce.org/~jdcasey/stage/sites/maven-patch-plugin (site)
>
> Here's my +1.
>
> Thanks to Jesse for helping me get the plugin to this point.
>
> -john
>

> ---
> John Casey
> Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
> mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
> blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 10/07/2007, at 12:16 AM, John Casey wrote:

> Yes, the idea was to provide the materials necessary for the code
> grant (since it's coming over from codehaus). I'm not an ASF
> member, so (according to the IP pages) all I can do is get the
> materials together for someone else to submit.
>
> Once we've cleared any IP hurdles, I'll clean those out.

... Done.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

On 6 Jul 07, at 8:08 AM 6 Jul 07, John Casey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Jesse and I have been working on a patch plugin that I migrated
> over from mojo.codehaus.org into the ASF sandbox, and we feel it's
> ready for a release. I've prepared the documentation for a code
> grant on this project, and all the appropriate information should
> be committed in the plugin directory.
>
> The plugin is stable, has decent documentation, and even an
> integration-test suite. Therefore, I'd like to call a vote to
> graduate the patch plugin from the Maven sandbox, and do a 1.0
> release.
>
> Please +1/+0/-1. I'll let this go for 72 hours.
>
> The release is staged at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/repo (repository)
> http://people.apahce.org/~jdcasey/stage/sites/maven-patch-plugin
> (site)
>
> Here's my +1.
>
> Thanks to Jesse for helping me get the plugin to this point.
>
> -john
>

> ---
> John Casey
> Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
> mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
> blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate maven-patch-plugin from sandbox and release version 1.0

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
+1
Andy