Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Patrick McCabe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 19:16:26 UTC

Using Jetspeed CommonPortletServices

Hi All

I am using Jetspeed 2.1-Dev, and I am trying to access the User Manager like
this:

        userManager = (UserManager) getPortletContext().getAttribute(
                CommonPortletServices.CPS_USER_MANAGER_COMPONENT);

I always get a null value for the userManager, so is this how I am supposed
to access this component ?

Any advise is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Pat McCabe

Re: Using Jetspeed CommonPortletServices

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Patrick McCabe wrote:
> I did not know about the jetspeed-portlet.xml.  Is there any documentation
> on this ?

Not much Im afraid
The user attributes part of the jetspeed-portlet.xml is documented here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-user-attributes.html

> I see that in the j2-admin example that you also list 2 portlets as well.
> What is the benefit of doing this?

We allow for extended metadata to attribute portlets and portlet
applications. This  metadata conforms to the "Dublin Core" DCMI format:

http://dublincore.org/

If you go into the Portlet Application Manager, you can edit DC metadata
for a portlet or portlet application under the "Metadata" tab

Re: Using Jetspeed CommonPortletServices

Posted by Patrick McCabe <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.