Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Shum <tc...@taifook.com> on 2007/07/17 13:20:06 UTC

Version Range issue

Dear all,

I know that I can use version range to identify which range of version my application should use.

For example, as a normal practice,  library version with same Major and Minor number in version
are considered as compatible.  How should I set my dependency version range to reflect this?
Can I use  [1.2 , 1.3)   to denote I am dependent on 1.2.* version?

However, from the book "Better Builds with Maven", I was told that version with Qualifier is considered
older than version without.  That means, for the above version range, 1.3-ALPHA is considered
fall into the range, am I right?  If so, how should I declare the dependency version range?

Thanks a lot

--
AdRiAN ShUM
(-: Don’t worry, Be Happy :-)

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. Taifook Securities Group, its group companies and their content providers ("Parties") shall not be responsible for the accuracy or completeness of this email or its attachment, if any, which could contain virus, be corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, intercepted, lost or arrive late.   The Parties do not accept liability for any damage caused by this email.