Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2007/10/07 01:32:24 UTC

Mention of version # in release

I wonder if we should not put a mention of the version number in footer for releases ?

Jacques

Re: Mention of version # in release

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Ah yes,

now I understand what you mean Jacques.
Yes, I think it is a good idea to add the version number to the
footer.ftl template of the release branch.

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <ti...@sastau.it>

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Jacques,

Say you are compiling and running an OFBiz instance that is also an SVN workspace.

You do your `ant build' and/or your `ant run-install'.

You then run the SubWCRev program (SVN util program) that writes the precise "working copy highest
commit revision" into a footer .ftl file.

You start your compiled and data-seeded OFBiz.

And voila. You see the revision number in the footer of every page.

But when committing changes, remember to revert the changes to footer first.

That "working copy highest commit revision" number has no business residing in SVN. It should be
part of your build process instead. But if you really want it committed into SVN, my suggested
solution was given in a prior post.

If you're talking about the "release branch name" (eg 4.0 or 5.0), then I suppose it's alright to
just commit that number into the branch.

Jonathon

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jacopo, Adam and Jonathon,

À : <de...@ofbiz.apache.org>