Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2002/12/23 19:22:03 UTC

[Proposal] - New logicsheet: xsp-authentication.

Hi.

I am back with the <xsp-session:getxml> stuf. :-)

Since many people use the authentication manager to store some values for
the users and then there is no way to retrieve this values using XSP. I
think that we can rewrite the <xsp-session:getxml> tag into a new
logicsheet called:

<xsp-auth>.

The first tag there can be the <xsp-auth:getxml> tag that will have only
one attribute called "path" and will call the method "getXML(String path)"
in org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.context

What about this new xsp logicsheet?

I know that in the future in the 2.3 implementation of Servlet containers
the session interface deprecate the context of sessions from security
reasons. But since Cocoon is still making use of the contexts into
sessions, I dont see reasons to let people get sessions context using XSP.
By the way already the users have this options with transformations. Then
why dont let people use the same approach using xsp? When all the
interface will be rewritten then we can rewrite the xsp-auth:getxml or
whatever name to the new one.

Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.