Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu> on 2016/07/08 17:55:18 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CMDA project website

Dear All:

It is time for our Apache CMDA community to set up our own project website.
http://cmda.incubator.apache.org/

As Chris advised, there are two ways we can proceed:
1. custom HTML website generated by our own process and simply updated
in SVN.
2. Apache Content Management System (CMS)
  http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

Please vote Option #1 or #2. Option #2 will allow us to leverage Apache CMS
facility to quickly build and maintain our community website - of course,
it may imply some learning curve.

I vote for:

#2 +1

Best regards,
Jia

Re: [VOTE] Apache CMDA project website

Posted by Roy Runyu Shi <ru...@west.cmu.edu>.
I vote for #2.

#2 + 1

Posted by Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu>.
Dear Chris:

Regarding setting up our Apache CMDA project website, the community has
conducted a vote process - so far we have received 5 votes for #2
(leveraging Apache CMS), including a mentor suggestion. So I think we would
like to take Option #2 to establish our project website.

Would you please advise us how to move forward to contact INFRA? After
that, the community will call for volunteers to build our website.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Jia

Posted by Qihao Bao <qi...@cmu.edu>.