Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Nimit Solanki <ni...@firsthandle.com> on 2018/05/21 10:45:41 UTC

[ERROR] [Engine$] No engine found. Your build might have failed. Aborting."

 Hello,

I am exploring the possibilities with PredictionIO for Machine learning
projects. I have used Binary Distribution to install PredictionIO 0.12.1
<http://predictionio.apache.org/install>, I have successfully started pio.
After that, I have used Quick Start - E-Commerce Recommendation Engine
Template. At the time of building, I am getting Error that  "[ERROR]
[Engine$] No engine found. Your build might have failed. Aborting."

Please find the attached Error log file.

Regards,
Nimit

Re: [ERROR] [Engine$] No engine found. Your build might have failed. Aborting."

Posted by George Yarish <gy...@griddynamics.com>.
From my experience it tipically happens when engine built with different
scala version than pio platform itself.

Hope it helps,
George

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 13:45 Nimit Solanki <ni...@firsthandle.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am exploring the possibilities with PredictionIO for Machine learning
> projects. I have used Binary Distribution to install PredictionIO 0.12.1
> <http://predictionio.apache.org/install>, I have successfully started
> pio. After that, I have used Quick Start - E-Commerce Recommendation Engine
> Template. At the time of building, I am getting Error that  "[ERROR]
> [Engine$] No engine found. Your build might have failed. Aborting."
>
> Please find the attached Error log file.
>
> Regards,
> Nimit
>
> --

George Yarish, Java Developer

Grid Dynamics

197101, Rentgena Str., 5A, St.Petersburg, Russia

Cell: +7 950 030-1941

Read Grid Dynamics' Tech Blog
<http://blog.griddynamics.com/?utm_campaign=Big%20Data%20Blog%20social%20media%20promotion&utm_medium=CTA&utm_source=Email>

Re: [ERROR] [Engine$] No engine found. Your build might have failed. Aborting."

Posted by George Yarish <gy...@griddynamics.com>.
I didn’t find any convenient way to understand which particular scala
version used for pio binaries but at least you can figure out if look into
lib jars which distributed along with pio

Posted by Nimit Solanki <ni...@firsthandle.com>.