Posted to announce@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/02/11 06:42:00 UTC

[VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Dear Bigtop and upstream developers,

I would like to submit the following as a proposed
bill of materials (BOM) for Bigtop 0.6.0 release
scheduled to go out at the end of March, beginning
of April 2013. Please review this list with an eye
towards 'known good vintages' of each proposed
component so that we can maximize our chances
of having a fully integrated bigdata management stack
with the latest, yet functional pieces.

The vote will run till Fri 02/15, noon PST.

Upstream components:
  * Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha
  * Zookeeper 3.4.5 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
  * HBase 0.94.4
  * HCatalog 0.5.0 (new, pending upstream release)
  * Pig 0.11
  * Hive 0.10.0
  * Sqoop 2
  * Oozie 3.3.1
  * Whirr 0.8.1 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
  * Mahout 0.7 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
  * Flume 1.3.1
  * Giraph 0.2.0
  * Hue 2.2.0
  * Datafu 0.0.5
  * Solr 4.1.0
  * Crunch 0.4.0 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
  * Tomcat 6.0.36

Supported platforms:
 *  CentOS/RHEL5
 *  CentOS/RHEL6
 *  SLES11
 *  Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS)
 *  Fedora 18
 *  OpenSUSE 12.3
 *  Ubuntu 12.10

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
+1.

--
Hari Shreedharan

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
> Dear Bigtop and upstream developers,
>
> I would like to submit the following as a proposed
> bill of materials (BOM) for Bigtop 0.6.0 release
> scheduled to go out at the end of March, beginning
> of April 2013. Please review this list with an eye
> towards 'known good vintages' of each proposed
> component so that we can maximize our chances
> of having a fully integrated bigdata management stack
> with the latest, yet functional pieces.
>
> The vote will run till Fri 02/15, noon PST.
>
> Upstream components:
>    * Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha
>    * Zookeeper 3.4.5 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * HBase 0.94.4
>    * HCatalog 0.5.0 (new, pending upstream release)
>    * Pig 0.11
>    * Hive 0.10.0
>    * Sqoop 2
>    * Oozie 3.3.1
>    * Whirr 0.8.1 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * Mahout 0.7 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * Flume 1.3.1
>    * Giraph 0.2.0
>    * Hue 2.2.0
>    * Datafu 0.0.5
>    * Solr 4.1.0
>    * Crunch 0.4.0 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * Tomcat 6.0.36
>
> Supported platforms:
>   *  CentOS/RHEL5
>   *  CentOS/RHEL6
>   *  SLES11
>   *  Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS)
>   *  Fedora 18
>   *  OpenSUSE 12.3
>   *  Ubuntu 12.10
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+1
Great line up!

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Stephen Chu <sc...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Mark Grover <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-committer)

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Looks good!

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Johnny Zhang <xi...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-committer) thanks for putting those together

Johnny

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
> Dear Bigtop and upstream developers,
>
> I would like to submit the following as a proposed
> bill of materials (BOM) for Bigtop 0.6.0 release
> scheduled to go out at the end of March, beginning
> of April 2013. Please review this list with an eye
> towards 'known good vintages' of each proposed
> component so that we can maximize our chances
> of having a fully integrated bigdata management stack
> with the latest, yet functional pieces.
>
> The vote will run till Fri 02/15, noon PST.
>
> Upstream components:
>    * Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha
>    * Zookeeper 3.4.5 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * HBase 0.94.4
>    * HCatalog 0.5.0 (new, pending upstream release)
>    * Pig 0.11
>    * Hive 0.10.0
>    * Sqoop 2
>    * Oozie 3.3.1
>    * Whirr 0.8.1 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * Mahout 0.7 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * Flume 1.3.1
>    * Giraph 0.2.0
>    * Hue 2.2.0
>    * Datafu 0.0.5
>    * Solr 4.1.0
>    * Crunch 0.4.0 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>    * Tomcat 6.0.36
>
> Supported platforms:
>   *  CentOS/RHEL5
>   *  CentOS/RHEL6
>   *  SLES11
>   *  Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS)
>   *  Fedora 18
>   *  OpenSUSE 12.3
>   *  Ubuntu 12.10
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+1
Great line up!

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks for picking this up, Arun, ROman.

HDFS-4269 was high on my list, but I think it will get in automatically as it
has been backported to branch-2

Will try to think of more in the morning
  Cos

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi!

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Will http://s.apache.org/Qu4 suffice? Or is there anything else?

I am at ApacheCON right now with a very spotty internet connection.
Here's what I have in my notes on why Bigtop 0.6.0 is blocked by
the latest release of Hadoop 2.X

YARN-429
HADOOP-9301
HADOOP-9299

Hope this helps. Also, I'm CCing bigtop community in the hopes that
if I missed anything they can provide a better insight.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.