Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Sven Kasten <Sv...@sl1mer.com> on 2010/05/10 08:24:06 UTC

Determine how much traffic goes threw connection?

Hi @all,

I want to know if there is a way to get the amount of sent and received bytes
from a connection? Looked through the API all day but didn't find anything!

Kind regards,
Sven

Re: Determine how much traffic goes threw connection?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 08:24 +0200, Sven Kasten wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> I want to know if there is a way to get the amount of sent and received bytes
> from a connection? Looked through the API all day but didn't find anything!
>
> Kind regards,
> Sven

Sven

If you are using 4.0 API you can obtain basic I/O statistics for a
particular connection using HttpConnection#getMetrics method

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore/apidocs/org/apache/http/HttpConnection.html#getMetrics%28%29
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore/apidocs/org/apache/http/HttpConnectionMetrics.html

Oleg