Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Venkatraman S <ve...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/04 07:44:49 UTC

searching remote indexes

Hi,

[I am new to Solr].

How do i search remote indexes using Solr? I am not able to find suitable
documentation on this - can you guys guide me?

Regards,
Venkat

Re: searching remote indexes

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
Using embedded solr, there is no (built in) way to access remote
indexes.  If you want to access remote indexes you need to run a server.

Solr 1.3 (trunk) includes a java client you may want to look at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

If you poke around, this also includes simple ways to run solr with
embedded jetty - letting you run a light weight server.

ryan

Posted by Venkatraman S <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: searching remote indexes

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.