Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Bernhard Messer <bm...@apache.org> on 2005/12/01 22:55:51 UTC

class org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosTest

just found a class "org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosTest" within the
src/test directory. It seems to be a relict from previous days. It
doesn't run without a resource file "words.txt" and is no JUnit-Test. I
would like to delete if there is nobody raising it's hand to stop me.

regards
 Bernhard

Re: class org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosTest

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 1, 2005, at 4:55 PM, Bernhard Messer wrote:

> just found a class "org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosTest" within
> the src/test directory. It seems to be a relict from previous days.
> It doesn't run without a resource file "words.txt" and is no JUnit-
> Test. I would like to delete if there is nobody raising it's hand
> to stop me.

There are several Test*.java files that are main() programs that
don't get run from the build process.  I'm not sure if anyone uses
these at all anymore.  They were, I believe, the early "test cases"
before JUnit got adopted.  I suspect that all of these files could be
removed, actually.

	Erik