Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/10/30 18:01:54 UTC

Can we use LICENSE.md and NOTICE.md?

Hello,

I see the following FAQ about using .txt file extensions:

http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html#license-file-name

But I'd like to know if the CouchDB project can use .md or .rst
extensions. I'd also like to slightly tweak the content of these files
so that they parse as Markdown or ReST. (We have not decided on a
preferred "plain text" format.)

My goal here is that the files display nicely on Github. Which may
seem like a trivial concern, but I think it will help to make the
project more attractive to that community, and thus stands to increase
the number of contributions we receive. As a major chain of
supermarkets in the UK says in their advertising: every little helps!

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Can we use LICENSE.md and NOTICE.md?

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Thanks Roy.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <he...@yandell.org>.